Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Vermont!

I absolutely loved Vermont and have to say it has been my favorite state so far!  For one thing there were actual mountains, and even though we did not make it above treelike there were at least 3 with lookout towers and one with an open summit due to the ski area.  It was nice to have some beautiful views of the green mountains every once in awhile and all of it made me very excited to get to the White Mountains of New Hampshire!  The very first thing that you do when you cross the border into New Hampshire is walk through the city of Hanover where Dartmouth college is located, and more importantly a great co-op grocery store and a post office where I picked up some cold weather gear for the rest of my trip, when I crossed the border I had only 440 miles left to hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment