Thursday, August 29, 2013

Connecticut and Massachusetts

Connecticut
  So the trail through Connecticut is 51 miles.  I really enjoyed the 3 days that I spent there though!!  For a good portion the trail walks right along the Housatonic river and it was really flat and enjoyable!  Another gem in this state was the Toymakers cafe.  The owner allows hikers to camp behind the cafe... This is definitely a good business decision because in the morning any hiker that stays there is going to go in for breakfast!  I had a salmon and capers bagel and coffee and was filled with energy for the morning!  

Massachusetts
The trail through Massachusetts is about 90 miles.  After one day I was picked up and whisked away to Boston for an awesome couple of days off trail with my mom, her cousin Ruth, my sister, and her friend Sadie.  After the days off Ruth came out with me for 8 miles.  It was really fun to show someone else what I had been up to all summer and have a little company for the day (I also got a free lesson about picking an ear of corn). The rest of Massachusetts went by pretty quick, climbing to the top of Greylock (the highest point) and revisiting that and climbing the tower was definitely one of my favorite part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment